A career as an internet and internet security specialist is an awesome choice for anyone with strong computer skills and analytical thinking.
Your Day-to-Day Tasks Will Include:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and administering the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment.
- Evaluating and installing computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks
- Providing problem-solving services to network users.
- Performing routine network start up and close down and maintain control records.
- Much, much more.
There is so much data out there that points to growth in this industry, and just as much data that says this trend will continue. Properly trained and motivated grads can work for nearly any large company, in nearly any setting.