Want to be the person that helps everyone else in the office? The go-to person with technical answers for everyone’s computer?
A help desk analyst is a valued asset to any company, and a great career path for anyone to consider.
Your Day-to-Day Tasks Will Include:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and administering the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment.
- Communicating electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties
- Consulting user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Emulating or reproducing technical problems encountered by users
- Providing advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Providing business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
What Else Do You Need:
People skills are important in this area. You will work directly with people who are frustrated from their technical problems. Patience will go a long way.
Where the Jobs Are
Like many technical jobs, this field is currently thriving. In a lot of cases, you can get trained and get your certification in under a year, so now is a great time to consider it.