A career as a Medical Office Assistant is always a rewarding choice.
Medical offices are chaos driven-environments that need an organized and detail-oriented person to manage them. Does this sound like you? If so, a career as a medical office assistant is always a rewarding choice.
Your Day To Day Tasks Will Include:
- Updating and Managing medical records
- Organizing hospital admissions
- Filling out insurance forms
- Making arrangements for laboratory services
- Operating laboratory machinery
- Greeting patients
- Answering phone calls
- Setting up appointments
- Managing correspondence
- Bookkeeping and billing using the latest software
- Recording medical, pharmacy and laboratory data properly
What Else Is Required?
Aside from the tangible organizational skills, you also need to be a people person, as you’ll be frontline service and dealing with people. You will also need to keep a clean and professional appearance.
It’s estimated that there will be an increase of 35% , between the years 2006 to 2016 in the healthcare industry, so the jobs will be wherever you want to be.
As always, larger city centres will offer more job opportunities. However, trained graduates from smaller towns will have a good shot at landing a good position in their home town.