A degree in Fitness and Nutrition allows you to help people lead healthier, happier, longer lives.
What Does a Fitness and Nutrition Consultant Do?
Health, Fitness and Nutrition Consultants play a crucial role in helping people live healthier, happier lives. These consultants work closely with clients on a number of levels in order to set up a personalized nutrition and exercise program. This includes, among other things:
- Discussing the basics of good nutrition and exercise habits;
- Discussing lifestyle and daily routine to determine what kind of comprehensive health program will work for the client long-term;
- Performing a fitness check to determine the client’s current physical strength and abilities, and reviewing the fitness level as the program progresses;
- Creating a fitness and nutrition program for individuals with health issues such as high blood pressure, heart conditions and obesity after ensuring the client has received all relevant medical check-ups and permissions from a physician;
- Teaching the client how to perform exercises safely;
- Being a patient, encouraging, enthusiastic coach to clients who have taken on the challenge of changing their lifestyle to a healthier one.
Is This Career Right For Me?
Fitness and Nutrition Consultants are passionate about their careers and passionate about wanting to help others lead healthier, longer lives. You should be the kind of person who is enthusiastic and knows how to motivate others, who can easily explain the basics of health, fitness and diet and who knows how to set realistic goals for clients. A college diploma or certification is required from a recognized program that covers all aspects of health, fitness, exercise and nutrition for any variety of groups (the aging, the disabled, children, and so on).
Where Are The Jobs?
Qualified Health, Fitness and Nutrition Specialists can find employment in a number of workplaces, including rehabilitation units, wellness centres, sports and health clubs, sports institutes, private fitness centres, community fitness centres, hospitals, and more. They also have the opportunity to be self-employed as personal trainers and have their own private practice.
Where Can I Study?
These are just some of the schools that offer Health, Fitness and Nutrition Consultant programs: