An administrative assistant plays a vital role in running a business smoothly.
The job was just named one of the world’s most underrated careers, based on its good earning potential and relatively low education requirements (a degree is not required).
Your Day-to-Day Tasks Will Include:
- Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
- Provide general information to staff, clients and the public regarding company or program rules, regulations and procedures
- Prepare correspondence, reports, statements, forms, presentations, applications and other documents from notes
- Maintain or establish a filing system
- Locate and retrieve documents from files as requested and maintain records of filed and removed materials
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
Where the Jobs Are
You can find your career in any number of private, government or not-for-profit settings. Getting certified opens you up to fill any number of roles, such as accounting clerk, administrative assistant, administrative officer, court clerk, data entry clerk, personnel clerk, or receptionist.