How to Become a Filmmaker
Want to make your own movies? Do you love film and want to be a part of it?
Canada continues to be “Hollywood North,” as more big and small budget movies are shot on Canadian soil. Will your movie be one of them?
Your Day-to-Day Tasks Will Include:
- Planning, organizing and controlling the various stages and scheduling involved in the production
- Supervising all technical personnel
- Determining the treatment, scope and scheduling of production
- Maintaining production archives and negotiating royalties
- Filming or editing footage
What Else Do I need?
You need to be extremely driven to succeed in this area. You will be the lead on most productions, and need to exude confidence in the project at all times.
Where the Jobs Are:
You may have to work your way up the ladder before you head your own productions. Mind you, digital technology allows you to film and edit your own movie, as long as you can find people to work for free.
You can also make industry contacts by using your training to fill other roles such as artistic director, choreographer, or multimedia audio producer.
Leave a Reply