How to Become a Copywriter
Love to write? Do you see an ad or article and say, “I can do better?” Copywriter could be the perfect career path for you.
Copywriters are responsible for putting the words in websites, advertisements, brochures and anywhere else they’re needed.
Your Day To Day Tasks Will Include:
- Conceiving, writing, and editing material for publication or presentation
- Conducting research to establish factual content and to obtain other necessary information
- Studying and determining the selling features of products and services and write text for advertisements and commercials
Where to Study:
You can get trained at schools like:
- Providence University College –Otterburne
- Canadian Business College
- Academy of Learning Career and Business College
- Durham Business and Computer College
What else do I need?
Late nights and tight deadlines are sometimes a part of the job, so be ready for that.
You will also have to work directly with graphic designers and web designers on the same campaigns, so being able to collaborate with a creative team is important.
Where the Jobs Are
You can find work at P.R. firms, marketing agencies, advertising firms, or the marketing wing of a large company. If you build a contact base, you can also freelance and work for yourself.