Interior Designer’s have to stay on top of today’s trends.
Do you instantly start to mentally rearrange the furniture when you enter a room? Do you have a natural eye for colour, design and flow? Interior design might be the best place to put these gifts to work.
Your Day To Day Tasks Will Include:
- Consulting with clients to determine needs, preferences, safety requirements and purpose of space
- Developing detailed plans and 3-D models that show arrangement of walls, dividers, displays, lighting and other fixtures using computer-assisted design (CAD) software and graphics software
- Developing plans, elevations, cross sections and detailed drawings to help advise on selection of colours, finishes and materials, floor and wall coverings, window treatments, interior and exterior lighting, furniture and other items, taking into account ergonomic and occupational health standards
- Estimating costs and materials required
- Advising on leasing, real estate and marketing
- Preparing plans and specifications for the final interior designs in accordance with current practices and codes
- Directing site work crews and subcontractors
What else do I need?
A desire to work closely with people and a hunger to to stay on top of today’s trends are also crucial to thriving in this industry.
Where the Jobs Are
You can also fill roles such as kitchen designer, office space planner, or retail space planner.